another henry ;-)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

dodidoki

Reaction score
ohhh, gorgeous!Is it albino form?Origin?

fibre

Reaction score
Yes, it is a kind of albino form as the red colour isn't shown in the flower. On the other hand it has these very pale but lightly darker spots of P. henryanum in the dorsal as well as in the petals. I don't know, if these spots contain the red anthocyanin.

Duck Slipper

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Excellent! Thanks for sharing.
I don’t know about the spotting. I think I can see it in your photo but not sure.

Guldal

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
t is a kind of albino form as the red colour isn't shown in the flower. On the other hand it has these very pale but lightly darker spots of P. henryanum in the dorsal as well as in the petals. I don't know, if these spots contain the red anthocyanin.

Oh, pant, pant....I want it (but can't afford it at the moment!)...the question of the spotting, that you raise, is certainly of interest. Albeit, the same form of spotting, doesn't keep people away from calling plants "album", when it comes to P. tonsum and P. sukhaulii. This colour form certainly is very different from the semi-albinistic form of P. henryanum fma. christae - and might deserve a taxonomic status of its own! (It might already have gotten one in Olaf Gruss' new triptychon on the genus Paphiopedilum?).
If ever your clone is awarded, Fibre, an appropriate clonal name would be 'Ghost' ;)

Latest posts