Another fab Fritz from the Fischer’s.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi David, My Fritz of same parentage as yours just opened its third flower (NS about 11 cm). It might open up a bit more in the next couple days. I am sending one close up and another pic or two, so you can see it among its Phrag friends.
245A8412-D203-4A40-8D80-AF0C41E867B2.jpegF1998B0E-F8C4-42C4-808F-9396B2B075FE.jpeg
P.S. That’s Spike at the bottom, my faithful gardening companion.

Kate,

that is a super flower. I know that the cost of a seedling from this specific cross is very high but the outcome appear to be almost always fantastic.

''You pays your money and you take your choice'

david
David, I don’t recall overpaying for that one, but I do remember a very pricey kovachii seedling from them that failed to thrive, slowly withered, and then died. (Undoubtedly my fault.)
My personal philosophy appears to be closer to You pay . . . and you take your chances.
Or, as I prefer to think about it: They don’t all live, so buy lots of orchids.
(Much more fun than fancy purses and shoes.)

This is the second flower and just as lovely as the first. It’s my favourite phrag. I’ll be cutting the spikes of all the first flowering plants over the weekend to hopefully kick start new growth and bigger blooms next year.
A2C3928B-6439-42E6-B999-0A2971707F1C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back