Quantcast

Another Cyp parviflorum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

smartie2000

Reaction score
I just bought this cypripedium parviflorum. I couldn't help it, it was a excellent price and so beautiful. There were many for sale. This one has slightly smaller blooms and a more narrow pouch than my last one.

Also its is so difficult to photograph without too much glare on the pouch(more difficult than my last parviflorum), I must have had taken 300 photos at different locations. The best photos was indoors when I had to go inside because of the rain and not facing the window, blinds closed. That would have been unideal for photgraphy for any other orchid.

Has a strong sweet fragrance too! another var. pubescens?

parvi_17

Reaction score
Yes Fren all the parviflorums for sale yesterday were pubescens. I got one too; I'll post a photo later. That's a nice one there!

smartie2000

Reaction score
Mine was a smaller one too compared to the others offered for sale like Joe's. And I was told it was growing in shade, and under my conditions it might not retain the brown petals. Very interesting info the seller gave me, I will see what will happen next year.

I looked at the photos without the black background and they turned out well without glare. I think the black made the camera adjust itself to make the pouch have a glare. Anyway these photos in low lighting have fairly accurate colour

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
If anything, the black background would cause the meter in your camera to overexpose, but your photos are not overexposed -- they look right on. The "glare" is either from a light source or is light reflected from some shiny or light object.

smartie2000

Reaction score
I agree the background caused the camera to overexpose. The glare was in any light souce with the black background, the pouch is like a light reflector. I had to photgraph in near darkness, just hints of light to get the right effect.

I think these blooms really want to get the attention of insects, which is why it is so shiny on the front and top of the pouch? Plus it has a stronger fragrance than my other parviflorum.

Latest posts