Another Beverly Fischer

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacramento, CA. Outside w/ Southeast Exposure
This is my third or fourth blooming of this plant. Very different this time. Larger bloom but smaller and darker pink pouch, due to cooler temperatures, very nice contrasting pink and white this time.

One of my very favorite Phrag. hybrids!

bf9yx9.jpg

bf10nb4.jpg

Heather, it looks great! It's always a bit hard to tell from photos, but it looks like it might be award quality. In fact, I've recently seen a photo of an FCC besseae that don't look that good :D

- Matt

gore42 said:
Heather, it looks great! It's always a bit hard to tell from photos, but it looks like it might be award quality. In fact, I've recently seen a photo of an FCC besseae that don't look that good :D

- Matt

Wow! Thanks for the kind words. Matt, you really think so? If I had Sept. 2 off I'd take it to judging, but I don't think I do. :(
Does anyone have Wildcatt data on this one?

You know, I think I've brought this to a show and to two NHOS meetings on two different occasions and it always gets over looked for ribbons. I sort of figured people just weren't into pink Phrag. hybrids. Then again, I think the shape is much nicer this blooming (more "open")

Here's a shot from one of the other blooms for comparison.
Last time:
bf5rm7.jpg

Time before that:
bf4ej1.jpg

Oh heck, all three of them are pretty cute. I do think the pouch is brighter this time though. Who knows...

Well, I'm not a judge, and have never had an AOS award (I've only had a couple of plants judged)... so my opinion probably doesn't mean much when it comes to awards :) Still, yours seems to have good form (at least from the photo) and it seems nice sized. I like the color, although I suspect judges would prefer more solid color, as Zach said. You should ask Lien to show you the besseae photo I'm talking about :)

- Matt

I've seen a few of this grex in my day and I agree with Matt. If I were a judge I would nominate it...by what I see in the photo and without research.

Just had to comment on the Phrag! Would love to see it with a few flowers and.... in a show.

Latest posts

Back