Angraecum sesquipedale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabrice

Reaction score
Not the good timing for this usually winter specie but I forgive it! :p

28854374622_c9797c6d59_b.jpg

28958846305_c39206d21a_b.jpg

28854390162_25c2acacac_b.jpg

The secret with this one and with some other angreacoides is probably to grow them in Rockwool grow cube.

All my plants were in rockwool some years ago. As I had more and more problems with it, I stopped to use for the majority of my plants but I kept some of them in it because it's just perfect.
Sesquipedale, magdalanae, Jumellea, some Laelia like tenebrosa.

Great display!

Did you treat Rockwool every so often?
I read somewhere that they need this "conditioning".

For this particular plant still in Rockwool and doing well, how do you care for it?
Watering and fertilizing?

I love this Angraecum. It's such a wonderful group of orchids. I assume this smells pretty divine in the evening. I have a couple of smaller growing Angs, but I don't think either of them would enjoy rockwool. My Aeranthes might be happy in it, since it appears to like a lot of moisture at the roots.

I do know Phrags love rockwool (at least the wet growers), and paphs grow well in it so long as you're cautious enough not to over water.

Great display!

Did you treat Rockwool every so often?
I read somewhere that they need this "conditioning".

For this particular plant still in Rockwool and doing well, how do you care for it?
Watering and fertilizing?

I was going to ask the same thing about pre-treatment of the rockwool and also is it the water absorbent kind or water repellent kind?

Yes, pre treatment with a water pH beetween 4.8 to 5.2. I add acid as pH It should stabilize at around 5 in the time.

About culture, almost like Vandas for light but need colder temperaturs ( 15°C ) some weeks in the night to spike. (But that was before its season problem! :-D )
Always wet with rockwool of course and non acidifiyng osmocote.

Back