Angraecum sesquipedale

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great growing Clark! glad to see that these bloomed for you. Thats pretty damn good for NJ i must say.
Dot, or anybody else with doubts, that is 10000% pure sesquipidale. Not sure if this was from the selfing or the sib. that I did but I still have all parents, and a few of the keiki around. The thought a precise nectary length ( on a first bloom nonetheless) or that it made a keiki being the defining characteristics as to whether or not its true is just silly. In the wild long ago nectaries were reported to be between 10-18" if you read Dr. Wulz papers (whom I have conferred with quite a bit in recent years). Id think the keiki produced had to do with the fact that the plant is happy, stable and getting a ton of water. Sounds like Clark waters his plant more than I do, and anytime the plant is getting excessive water and the roots are healthy, new shoots will likely be produced.
Again, Clark, good growing! All of my plants are in bud right now too :)

ps- if anybody on this forum is visiting the big island for Paph Guild and would like to get together or come by my greenhouse send me a direct message. Ill have some plants for sale and happy to talk stories or meet anybody from here!

pps- sorry for my extended absence from this forum. I didnt leave you all for another, just been focused 100% on my PhD.
Aloha

pps- sorry for my extended absence from this forum. I didnt leave you all for another, just been focused 100% on my PhD.
Aloha

awesome pete what is your degree going to be in? i know from experience it's a long road lol!

Pete, thank you for the positive comments! I think as a whole, they are a vigorous bunch to begin with.

Believe it or not, my wife doesn't like the evening odor :crazy:
I tell her that's what a jungle flower smell like.

Pete good luck with the PhD. :)

You were teasing me???????
Busting my chops??????
Sorry I missed the humor. I have been dealing with a distracting injury, and have not been much fun the last 8 weeks or so.
I owe you a beer!

Latest posts

Back