Angraecum Lemforde White Beauty

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteM

ST Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the collection since 2018, picked up at the little greenhouse. A primary cross of Angcm. sesquipedale x magdalenae. The King and Queen. I have grown sesquipedale in the past and found that the blooms of this hybrid have much more substance and longevity. Also the fragrance is overwhelming, even during the day but at night it’s a loud concert of gardenias.

enjoy.

87553F2B-45E1-4380-8C83-B64B8B7B632C.jpegB98EC0BC-95C7-4B49-97C1-C5EF8516EC6C.jpeg

very nice hybrid Angraecum! Very happy plant there too...

Is the Little Greenhouse still in business?

Pete,
Does the hybrid have the same disdain for repotting as the sesquipedale?

in either case I need, yes need, one of these.
This is a very good question. I am about to find out. It’s been growing in this same strawberry planter since I repotted after purchase. I do not recall the orchid sulking previously, but I will need to refresh the media.

My plan this time around is to hang the planter upside down and slowly tease out as much old bark as possible through all the openings, then flip the pot right side up and fill her up again. The goal is to accomplish this without ripping the roots from the interior of the clay pot.

This is all theoretical of course. Repotting never goes as planned in my experience. 🫣

Pete,
Does the hybrid have the same disdain for repotting as the sesquipedale?

in either case I need, yes need, one of these.
Also I wanted to add, the fragrance on this hybrid IMO, is superior to sesquipedale. I recall not being impressed with the slightly musky fragrance of sesquipedale. This hybrid seems more vigorous, better flower structure, substance / longevity and fragrance. I would recommend growing this hybrid up over sesquipedale. Unfortunately, I have no experience with magdalenae to contribute.

Also I wanted to add, the fragrance on this hybrid IMO, is superior to sesquipedale. I recall not being impressed with the slightly musky fragrance of sesquipedale. This hybrid seems more vigorous, better flower structure, substance / longevity and fragrance. I would recommend growing this hybrid up over sesquipedale. Unfortunately, I have no experience with magdalenae to contribute.
Pete,
magdalenae is very worthwhile with wonderful heavy sweet fragrance. Here is my last blooming with ten blooms.

3BD3AB91-9522-4108-B24B-D29C6BDA8347.jpeg

Pete,
magdalenae is very worthwhile with wonderful heavy sweet fragrance. Here is my last blooming with ten blooms.

View attachment 36638
Nicely done, tomp! I do like LWB, but Ang. madalenae is my favorite species...and it is very manageable (size).
I lost my A. madalenae years ago....I think I will get one in the future. Does anyone here have one to spare?