Angraecum distichum ‘Second Chance’

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrLeslieEe

Scholar, Addict and Aficionado of Orchidacea
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve had this plant almost 15 years... I grew it from a 4 growth to almost a 30 growth in a ten year period. Then I almost massacred it with neglect. Finally coming back after 5 years with 12 growths... that’s why the name 😂. Blooms enmass 2-3 times a year.

Culture: terrarium, single 6400 sunblaster fluorescent, warm all year, mounted on cork with little NZ moss, wet spray every day (twice if hot), feed weekly with rotating fertilizers

1D1E0F5E-3B39-465F-A1E9-231E5058242B.jpeg522AFFFB-FB93-4AD8-A939-EC0697285D76.jpeg9C217155-4762-4EA6-BBDD-DF0B1BEF8926.jpeg9C1FDD60-5E77-4F1D-BAAB-AEAAFB6DB99A.jpegB147F3EF-2103-48BB-B040-706FDCC93726.jpeg

It's an adorable beauty! Good you saved it!

Are we in the realm of miniatures? I.e. what is the size of the plant and the size of the flowers?
Thanks everyone for the support for saving this lovely plant.
That is my miniature 'caterpillar' tank... meaning I grow orchids with leaves that look like that namesake.
Jens, the flowers are about 4-7 mm ;) and yes flowers are upside down (non-resupinate) and pristine white.
The plant leaves are 1.5 cm tip to tip, with the longest stem length from base 30 cm with the curving.

...the flowers are about 4-7 mm ;) and yes flowers are upside down (non-resupinate) and pristine white.
The plant leaves are 1.5 cm tip to tip, with the longest stem length from base 30 cm with the curving.
Thank you for the info, Leslie... actual size is really difficult to judge from a photo (as it only appears relative to the surroundings).

Down here from the Land Down Under, it really appears like this .....
Wonderful tupsy-turvy pic and ditto humour, SP! 😁

Nice thanks for sharing. They have a wonderful fragrance but you can't smell them in the cooler. They are also not easy to grow, which is why I was amazed by a giant specimen at the DC show a few years ago.

Latest posts

Back