Angraecoid Bug (because I have no more Phrags to buy)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ehanes7612

Reaction score
Was working in Seattle Orchid two saturdays ago (BTW, last saturday was my last day)..and decided I wanted to grow Angraecoids..and it just so happens that Seattle Orchid was getting a bunch from Hawaii..so I bought all these plus some other stuff ( with my last paycheck there)..looked over Botanica 's website..maybe i will go to the show in Portland in april..will post pics of plants later

eburneum v superbum (BS)
sesquipedale v bosseri (in buds)
eburneum v giryamae (in buds)
germinyanum (in bud)
subulatum (in bud)
eichlerianum (BS)
didieri (BS)
leonis (BS)
bosseri (BS)
comorense (which later i found out is eburneum v superbum) bummer, but it's a really nice plant
Aeranthes grandiflora (in bud)
Oeonellia polystachys (multiple spikes)
Rhy. Gigantea in multiple spikes
Gramm Tiger..(just wanted a huge plant with a huge spike)..dont know why

means I bought all the species, and I have all the besseae hybrids I could possibly want and until second generation kovachii hybrids start coming out, ..I have enough... (except for the few caudatum crosses I have on reserve with Chuck)

all the Angraecoids (including Aeranthes and Oeonillia )are supposed to be Fragrant except the giryamae (which is in bloom and doesn't smell) and subulatum

I am going to build a mini lathe in my greenhouse for the smaller varieties just for effect (some of them vine)..I have the larger plants growing with the paphs ..providing some shade for the paphs ..my greenhouse is starting to get the jungle look

I have some Aerangis fastuosa seedlings ready to be taken out of flask if you wanted to add one more to that already impressive list :)

Back