and yet another wrongly named award

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abapple

Reaction score
What do you think. I think it is a nice piercei
If any one is interested I have a pile of these that need dividing this spring. It is always in bloom. I like to trade

I love pearcei!!!! Possibly we could make a trade, I have a boatload of very healthy & fast growing phrag vampire slayer or I'll just buy one off you

I have a boat load of VS also. I like klotzscheanum crosses if any one has any.
I guess I will sell a few after I repot this spring (to help support the habit) Let's see what we conclude it really is

Wow, that's a beautiful species ... I'd be very interested if you decide to sell any divisions, abapple!

No AOS award to 'Byron'; only one award to this species in 1999, and it isn't this one. Perhaps it was awarded and AOS voided it later, or the owner never paid the award fee. There is no record.

Phrag. caricinum 'Bryon' (not 'Byron") was awarded a 75 pt HCC/AOS at the Great Plains judging center in 1999. The awards photo clearly shows a pearcei and the award should be rescinded. Not sure of the mechanism within the AOS for doing this, but there has to be one.

I have just talked to the person who got it awarded and he stater that both pearcei and caricinum were considered the same by some taxonomist back then. The plant was from RJ Rands in the early 90's

Latest posts

Back