and what did you BLAST recently?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Marco

no pix. I only bought my digital camera about a year ago and before that I never bothered to photograph blooming plants. It is so easy now...
I certainly shall whenever it blooms again.
Happy growing
Frederick

Recently:

Phal. javanica - sorry Marco
Phal. tetraspis 'C#1' - Can't even begin to express how pissed off I am. :sob:
Paph. niveum - was in double bud too :mad:
Paph. Jeanie Ting - again
I even blasted a few buds on my Den. Peng Seng - I mean who the hell blasts Dend. hybrids?!!?!

I may have to borrow Heather's Master-Blaster crown for a few weeks...

:(OH NO - so sorry Marcus!:sob: Now I'm feeling bad for starting this thread! ....... but is it therapy of sorts? at least we're venting, getting it off our chests!

Marcus - bummer man, i feel your pain on the c3. As for the javanica....well the first 5 buds blasted on the one I have. The latter 4 didn't even open. It's still forming buds though. I hope one is successful is fully opening.

I had a 1st time tigrinum blast recently (not too unexpected). I've had some phal buds blast low on a spike, but the spikes keep going and throwing good blooms, so I really don't consider those as blasts.

Blake If your B macranthum and patens are young, its not unusual for the first couple of buds for the season to blast, and there's usually more coming up. With each year you'll get bigger waves of blooming with them.

I picked up a couple of plants today at Fox Valley. Told Tom about the sangii x roth blasting. He said he has found roth crosses to be a bit sensitive to changes in light, temperature & humidity when they spike. It was fine until we had 3 unseasonably cool nights (50) in JULY, so he seems to think that was the culprit.

Actually it was nothing that I picked up at Ackers. Yesterday, I made a dog food run to a new supplier & just 15 minutes past them is Oak Hill Gardens, so of course I had to make a stop!

The last flower of phrag Rosy Charm x Grande and the first bud of the new NOID phrag. I took the bud apart, as it was light in color, not red. Everything was light in color with a red blush to the pouch!

It has a second bud, so there's still hope! I have found in the case of my little phrags first bloom, it's not unusual for bud drop or the flower opens & a few days later it falls off!

Back