and what did you BLAST recently?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

I know there's not always an answer but who knows maybe it will help.
I had a Paph. sangii x roth blast, as some may have read on a previous post. I have a GH, I hadn't moved the plant from it's location since I acquired it. I don't feel I did anything different with watering, I avoid any overhead watering. We have had a bit of an unusual summer, as we go from one extreme to the other (one week it's high 80's-mid 90's,the next week we have night time lows of 50!) so I don't know if that was part of it?

I don't know why, but my paphs don't blast! And I'm not complaining:> But once in a while I'll lose a bud on a cattleya if water builds up in a sheath.

My Phrag caudatum, got it in low spike with several other things in Washington state and brought them back on the plane as carry on. There were a few mealies so I sprayed them with alcohol before I left the vendors greenhouse. Evidently got too much alcohol on the spike, good news no mealies, bad news - blasted Phrag.

I just lost the buds on a CAtt but I had also just treated it for scale. I had my Paph Rosey Dawn blast this past winter :( The one that upset me the most was last summer My Paph Unique (roth x fairrieanum) blasted. It would have been a first bloom for me and I was excited to see what it would look like.

OK you guys are making me feel better, but it's still a bummer, what a waste of a growth! That was going to be my first roth X!

Podangis dactyloceras. So excited to see spike forming last week, only too find it brown and shriveled the other day.

Rose,
Have you a St. Swithin yet? They're pretty good growers and easy to bloom in my experience (2 so far.)
That's good to hear! BS Multi X's I have:
In Charm Redhawk (Redhawk 'Ebony' x St. Swith)
Marilynn Hansen (del x stonei) who's been in spike forever!
Mt. Toro 'album'
PEOY (roth 'Noyo' x sand 'Candor')
sangii x roth
Woluwense (roth x niveum)
Sdlgs - St.Swithin 'Walbrun'
Lebaudyanum album(philip x haynald)
Sandy's Wild Turkey(lowii x victoria regina)
Larry Booth (St.Swithin x haynald)
Vera Pellechia(stonei x St.Swith)
BS species - Haynald album
Lowii
Parishii
Gardineri
3 roths (Borneo x borneo dark, DaGuanYuan x GreenValley &
NBS Arthit x Butterfly)
& an OZ stonei 'Melancholy x 'PenanPride'
YIKES - where did all these come from? Keep your fingers crossed!

vietnamense x emersonii

blasted in January. My fault--I was away for 3 weeks over Xmas--it got too dry. Very disappointing because it is a beautiful clone which I had flowered once already. I hope it will bloom next Jan. but it is a slooooow grower (emersonii influence). Beautiful foliage too.
Happy growing
Frederick

I read these posts thinking , oh no what a bummer, that would be a nice one!Have we ever heard anyone complain that their crappy *^#* blankety, blank blasted?:rollhappy:

blasted in January. My fault--I was away for 3 weeks over Xmas--it got too dry. Very disappointing because it is a beautiful clone which I had flowered once already. I hope it will bloom next Jan. but it is a slooooow grower (emersonii influence). Beautiful foliage too.
Happy growing
Frederick

Do you have a photo of the previous bloom that you could share with us?

Latest posts

Back