Ancistrochilus rothschildianus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one in an enclosure a while ago, and it mostly stayed around 70-74F at around 60% RH. Flowered once, and when it went dormant I had a tough time with it and ended up dying. I'm hesitant to try it again since I don't seem to do well with dormancy. What's the fragrance like? The one I had seemed to smell very similar to fish oil.

Other than a shallow clay pot I give it no special care whatsoever. I spray it in the face with water; I fertilize it when I feel like it; I stick it on the floor of the growspace where it doesn't really get good light or drainage; etc etc. It's an afterthought plant to amuse me between slippers lol.

I had one in an enclosure a while ago, and it mostly stayed around 70-74F at around 60% RH. Flowered once, and when it went dormant I had a tough time with it and ended up dying. I'm hesitant to try it again since I don't seem to do well with dormancy. What's the fragrance like? The one I had seemed to smell very similar to fish oil.
Exactly the same with mine!😵‍💫

It isn't difficult IMO...If it won't grow for you in a pot, try it on a cork mount. medium light is enough but for sure you want to keep it on the dry side once the leaves have dropped off. A great species to have!

Latest posts

Back