an ufford uber upstate christmas un-tree display!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Merry Christmas and all other kind and generous wishes to everyone here and abroad!

I sometimes have very small trees to celebrate Christmas (dwarf alberta spruce, a rosemary shrub or even a hawaiian tree fern), with lights and decorations for the holiday, but my tree ferns and rosemary aren't in existence right now and I didn't want to go buy a dwarf alberta spruce this year, so I decided to dress up my kitchen shelves and put some favorite plants in them to brighten things up! The large glass ornaments and smaller hanging/display figures/candles were gifts from family members through the years

christmasdisplay1211a.JPG

christmas eve view of my display (I love the glow of the lights at night :) )

christmasdisplay1211b.JPG

closeup of 'christmas orchids'; the paph spicerianum that's been to two orchid society christmas/holiday parties and still looking pretty nice, and a phrag pearcii that I acquired in bud from piping rock orchids who was at our club christmas party beginning of the month. (the pearcii is still opening, though quickly)

I also don't think that i've posted the rest of the household here before, so here are my two dwarf albino cory catfish. They don't have names as I've never named fish as they usually don't last very long... The larger of the two has been around for at least five or six years here, and a few more likely in the tank of my co-worker Jeff who has had tons of fresh and saltwater fish through the years. Jeff was switching from freshwater to saltwater/coral and gave me the catfish, a bunch of feeder guppies and a handful of tropical duckweed. I still have tons of the duckweed as it's very prolific. I bought two more catfish about two years ago, but one day I noticed that one was 'gone' (oops), so it may have lost a competition and was 'absorbed' into the community. Interestingly enough, the catfish are quite community-oriented and like being watched if you are near the tank.

catfish1211.JPG

they are a little blurry as I had placed some food near the corner to get a picture, and they are always shimmying to stir up the gravel to get food

So, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Joyeaux Noel and Feliz Navidad!
(and happy new year in a few days) :D

Cool corys. We have two Emeralds and they have been alive through five goldfish, some neon tetras, some zebra danios, some chinese cleaner fish, a pleco and some assorted fish that I can't remember. Yes it took me a long time to get it right..... Luckily those guys are very hardy and longlived. Now they share the tank with a CLown loach, three Cherry barbs and a Rainbow shark. No one has died in the past year so maybe we got it down. Nice CHristmas window. Merry Christmas to you and all the Slippertalkers.

Merry Christmas Charles!

I like the way you displayed your ornaments & figures. Those are one of my favorite parts of Christmas, pulling them out of the boxes and reminiscing about where they came from and who gave them to us.

Thanks for inviting us into your home for the holidays Charles!
Chrissy and I wish you the best!
Merry Christmas!
Clark and Chris.:)

Merry Christmas all!
Tried to stay off line yesterday so sorry I'm a little late!

It's funny, I just went to check for new members thinking it was getting to our busy time - not - that was the last forum I moderated about 10 years ago - in which January was CRAZY with new members. :D Hope you are all enjoying lots of goodies!

BTW, we had a Turducken for Christmas dinner. Not doing that again. :rolleyes:

:clap:It looks like you were bitten by the Christmas spirit! Good for you, Charles! I hope your holidays have been special and meaningful for you and your loved ones and that your New Year is simply the best! Cheers! :)

Thanks to all; I haven't been moving around too much and have been trying to eat little knowing that much was on the way, but at uncle's weighed myself after dinner and it said '201' (!). ...they told me the scale is four pounds heavy, but seeing a '2' as the first number isn't a good thing. I tried telling everybody that it was all 'muscle', but I think they thought i'd been drinking spiked eggnog from the comments and all :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back