an assortment

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete

Reaction score
here a mix of random genera currently in bloom...

Cattleya leopoldii var. alba-first bloomer.
IMG_2673.jpg

Cochleanthes amazonica
IMG_2728.jpg

a very nice first bloom seedling of Broghtonia sanguinea
IMG_2678.jpg

"this is my one phal hybrid". funny, i remember when i bought this plant i did so because of the nice branching habit and because it was so compact, blooming on a 6" plant in a 2" pot. ha! 3 years later so much for compact! sorry i dont know what it is off the top of my head. maybe something I-Shin? ( i know, shame shame)
IMG_2700.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

Vanda sanderiana var. alba -notoriously ridiculously slow growing, patience has begun to pay off with this one. the first blooming on this thing was unbelievably bad, next one a little better, and better again this time. i need the plant to get bigger!
IMG_2732.jpg

Epidendrum longirepens - im sure ive posted this before, just liked this picture. the flower is about the size of your thumbnail, maybe slightly smaller
IMG_2695.jpg

The sanderiana alba is really nice and looks authentic... Don't expect the flowers to be perfectly round shaped, because the genuine ones usually look like that.

They are very rare today, most of the plants sold are hybrids of sanderiana album.

ya, the older it got the spike would be like a foot longer, then two feet longer etc.. at least its sturdy and upright!

The Phalaenopsis hybrid looks like I-Hsin Amy (Nobby's Amy x Freckled Cherub). Pete, do you remember where you got it? You've got a really pretty one!

i think that is it! i bought it off a taiwanese vendor in 2" pot at the WOC in miami.

Very beautiful! Broghtonia sanguinea and Epidendrum longirepens are my favorites from this set:))

Back