An alba flower opens again today

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomBEE

Reaction score
It blossoms again this year, but the pouch has been deformed. Hope it will be improved next year, if it can blossom again!

Attachments

• DSC05074.JPG
    DSC05074.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 73
I've had plants that have a deformed pouch one year but are fine the next. I have one though that sort of leans to the left one year then to the right the next. Fortunately l don't like it very much anyway. Your's looks like it may have a nice amount of white on the dorsal sepal.
Don

On the desktop image I see spots too, which is a plus for me. I like flowers with a minimum 2 colours (I know white is not a colour but in this case it will do) and spots if they are available. Do you know what species or whatever it is a form of.
Don

Thx all for comments! When I bought it with two nearly-open flower buds 2 years ago, the name tag had been lost and the seller guaranteed that it must be album of something. I gave it a try and the flowers turned out something like insigne forma sanderae. It skipped blossom last year and gave only one flower this year.

Yes it does 'look' like the insigne sanderae (has the light brown spots on dorsal sepal) ... but could also be a variety of hybrids that look like it.

The unfortunate issue with a plant with a lost tag is that it's identity will always be in doubt. So in this case, you can call it whatever takes your fancy until proven otherwise.

Yes it does 'look' like the insigne sanderae (has the light brown spots on dorsal sepal) ... but could also be a variety of hybrids that look like it.
The unfortunate issue with a plant with a lost tag is that it's identity will always be in doubt. So in this case, you can call it whatever takes your fancy until proven otherwise.

I agree completely and also the foliage on the firts photo looks P. insigne like. Anyway it's a nice flower.

Back