Amorphophallus

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little bit out of time I had two more Amorphophallus flowering:

A. verticillatus (one of the few evergreen Amorphophallus):

k IMG_5352 copy.jpg

A. glossophyllus:

k IMG_5133 copy.jpg

With tropical Amorphophallus there is always harvesting time...
Two Amorphophallus gigas:

k IMG_6424 copy.jpgk IMG_6432 copy.jpg

Thanks Linus for that great video! Several of my species are from Alan. Soon I'll get another species from his collection. I get it in return for a contribution to the ongoing care for his collection since he tragically died last year. His website and his collection won't be lost in future.
Have you noticed the background of Jason? It proofs that aroids and slippers go well together...

That house and garden would be great, unfortunately by distance a little unconveniant for daily watering...

Oh no, these are gigas, they are harvested measured and repotted. To eat them would be quite an expensive and untasty meal.
For eating mainly paeonifolius and konjac are used and I don't have these species any more... no I didn't eat them, I gave them away, kids love to see them growing!

finally it is done! and the best thing is that it is not smelly as expected. To scent the putrid smell I have to stick my nose inside the spatha, 1 meter away it is absolutely neutral.

Amorphophallus borneensis: Total hight without pot: 150cm; flower hight: 69cm

k IMG_7385 copy.jpgk IMG_7389 copy.jpgk IMG_7394 copy.jpgk IMG_7398 copy.jpg

Latest posts

Back