American missionary killed

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berthold

Reaction score
U.S. citizen killed on Andaman wanted to proselytize residents.

The American killed by indigenous people had a clear goal, according to media reports: He wanted to proselytize the isolated tribe on the remote Indian Ocean island. And he apparently knew the danger.

The US citizen killed by indigenous people in the Indian Andaman Islands wanted to proselytize according to media reports. "You may consider me crazy, but I think it's worth bringing to these people Jesus ," he wrote, according to , "Washington Post " before his death in a message to his parents.

When the 27-year-old docked his canoe on the island of North Sentinel, he had a Bible with him as well as fish and footballs as gifts, his diary says. The "Post " quotes from it-the mother of the dead man therefore handed over the records to the newspaper.

When he visited the people on the island, he shouted: "My name is John. I love you and Jesus loves you. "The inhabitants would have shelled him with arrows and hit his Bible.

The missionary then returned to a fishing boat, wrote down his impressions and stayed on the boat. The next day, he said, he drove to the island again, he said, despite the warning. He didn't come back from that outing.

Yep... I read about that. He has no one to blame but himself. That was not a smart move. There are dumb people everywhere.

Latest posts

Back