Amazing Windy Hill photos

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
This was our first trip back to Marilyn's in 2 years. I usually go every year on my birthday. We missed last year because, with two babies, our lives and schedules were a little hectic (in a good way). This year I made it a point to book it months in advance and clear the schedule. It has snowed and snowed here this winter and the trek down to the greenhouse was treacherous. Marilyn attempted to drive down the ice covered gravel the day before only to slide off and get her car stuck! The next day got up to 60F and all is well, car unstuck. I'm glad she didn't run into the greenhouse!

Marilyn is my favorite vendor by and large (sorry everybody else). She is not in this business to make a fortune, simply to enjoy the plants she has while she has them and pass along high quality-bred and well-cared for plants to the people who would most enjoy them, usually at little to nothing above her costs. Above all else, she is a hobbyist. As a grower, I strive to be what she is.

I have repotted two of my new purchases from there and the root systems were beautiful! Her culture is amazing (just look at the cultural awards...). If you ever have the time and are in the area I highly suggest visiting her tropical oasis. I could spend days looking through the collection. The bulk majority of it is not listed on her website because it's just three or four this's-and-that's. But if you're looking for a particular species, chances are she has it somewhere.

Ok, we'll start with paphs

Paph Angel Hair x Paul Parks

Paph Cereal Killer

This one's for Justin- paph. stonei, varigeated, 12 years out of flask

Wow!!!! The mexi worth a little fortune :) !!!! Jean

That mexi is the main piece of the collected 'Oaxaca' clone. It was the first one to ever bloom in captivity. It is a piece of orchid history. I felt honored to see it and now I have a piece of it! When it went to judging last year I believe it had 120 something growths.

Latest posts

Back