Al's Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first bench in the first pic, is the Phrag bench. The 2nd is the Paph bench; that's where the fire started. The benches all along the left wall also had Phrags and Paphs.

Damn Paphs! Probably smoking again! I knew the phrags would get in trouble if they hung out w/ those guys! :mad:

I finally made it out there. Like he says on his website, about a quarter of the gh stands empty at the moment.... More insulation is going in, as well as some other upgrades and things are in the works.

The slipper area was truly done in.... One tip I brought back for the time I have a gh (maybe in this life) is that leca makes a great firewall ;)

First off, I was relieved to see this:

My vote for the best in bloom goes to this Phal hainanensis 'Plum' which has just adorable plummy color

and of course I could not resist ... I don't grow phals (or slippers) but we all know what exactly that means..... I picked up such things as a mini compot of equestris x cochlearis, equestris x lindenii, stobartiana x violacea, honghenensis x violacea....

It's the season for Ascocentrum miniatum and Ascofinetia Cherry Blossom

Not all is fine and dandy however.... It's quite depressing to see the empty space.

I'm still in the process of uploading more pics to my flickr acct.

Oh, and I still can't get over how well his Masdevallias are growing. Now in 5" bulb pans. :drool:

maybe time for an update. Insulation has gone in along both long walls and new benches are mostly up. He's got new stuff too (and quite a mix!). A few photos from this month are here. (I didn't take any photos of paphs but he does have some :p)

Latest posts

Back