All members please read - forum update discussion.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

Sirius

Plant Nerd
Reaction score
Heather and I have not, at this point, discussed anything about the upgrade. We are still reading, and researching the possibility.

Well have you ever thought about doing an upgrade?
:rollhappy:

Lance, at this point in time we have not thought of doing an upgrade. We are still reading, and researching, the possibility of thinking about doing an upgrade. When all thinking is thought out, we will plan on planning a flow chart detailing our plans for upgrading in an all new "What do you think about our thoughts on planning for an upgrade?" thread. :)

If you are of the chicken little variety, you may now start spreading rumors that the forum is going mobile only, supported by google ads and pop-up video marketing. Starting tomorrow, the forum will be switching to kovachii pink colored text on a rothschildianum brown background. Also, there will be Thank You, I Like This Platonically, and Couldn't Have Said It Better So I Didn't buttons under each post.

Seriously though, we will figure it all out and let you know when we have a test forum up and running for everyone to see. I think this will be a good thing for the forum.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
Thanks, John. I think there is pretty close agreement here.

The Bauhaus motto was "Simplicity is the keynote of design." Simplicity is one of the strongest features of Slippertalk. The emphasis isn't on the interface, it on the people and their posts. If you keep that in the upgrade, you will have succeeded.

John M

Orchid Addict
Reaction score
I like the current design and features as they are; but, if an upgrade made some changes, I'd get used to it. I'm glad to hear that ads will never sneak in and no unnecessary graphics, bells and whistles will be plastered everywhere. Simple is nice. The pages open fast and information is easy to find. My main concern is that no data is ever put at risk. I use the search feature ALL THE TIME to review old posts and I'd be devastated if that database of information and photographs was lost.

gonewild

Grower
Reaction score
Lance, "What do you think about our thoughts on planning for an upgrade?" thread. :)

I think you got it 100% right on. Just do your thing(s) and we will love the results. You got it right the first time and can handle it without all our pokeing at you! If you try to have members give opinions it will drive you nuts.

But have you considered upgrading the forum software? :rolleyes:
It will make more room for the ad banners.
(Just kidding)

Latest posts