• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Again, Paph. thaianum wanted

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom-DE

Reaction score
Here we go again, I would like to have a Paph. thaianum through a trade. Send me PM if you have one to share.

The one that I got through a trade over a year ago was mislabeled, which I did suspect that when I received it....it's in bloom now but it is Paph. leucochilum...

Here we go again, I would like to have a Paph. thaianum through a trade. Send me PM if you have one to share.

The one that I got through a trade over a year ago was mislabeled, which I did suspect that when I received it....it's in bloom now but it is Paph. leucochilum...
how could leucochilum be passed on as thaianum? thaianum plant is very small, it's size is of 1/3 or 1/4 of leucochilum

how could leucochilum be passed on as thaianum? thaianum plant is very small, it's size is of 1/3 or 1/4 of leucochilum
That is exactly why I suspected it could be a mislabeled plant when I first got it...
I didn't have a leucochilum and it is a decent looking flower, so it is not a total loss.

too bad your timing is slightly off, perhaps because your were waiting for your plant to bloom before buying another one.
For during the recent couple months, there were so many thaianum on ebay pretty cheap (some even in bloom)
Mount Prospect still have them blooming size for 45.00
http://www.mountprospectorchids.com/paphs.htm

Thank you for the sources. I will look into those vendors if I can't get one through a trade.

Orchid Inn had them for $65 plus shipping a couple of months ago, but not sure if they're still in stock. .

I bought one from Sam about 3 weeks ago. He had a table full of beautiful thainum. I bought a seedling that had one mature-appearing but unbloomed growth and a small new growth coming. I’m besotted with the little plant. Visiting his greenhouse was a dream come true and unless he’s shipped a large number of them off, he will still have plenty.

Hello
I have thaianum to spare, if you are in europe...

Hi Tom,
I have a flask from Taiwan I got in Redland in 2017. There are three spiking right now and some are blooming sizes.
What do you intend to barter? All three have two buds,,,,very exciting. Very cute.

Latest posts

Back