African Violet 'B-Man's Etna'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanmark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
African Violet 'B-Man's Etna' -- This one is exceptionally sparkly, and the leaves' burgundy undersides are beautiful too. The official description states: "Single medium pink ruffled pansy/purple fantasy. Medium green, spooned, quilted, ruffled. Standard."
15jan2012031areduc.jpg

I'm onboard with this.
Mark, how did you acquire?

I purchased it last year from David of Blue Mountain Violets in West Virginia. I particularly like this variety because I find it much easier to manage than many other varieties. I have some other favorite varieties including but not limited to 'Precious Pink' , 'Wrangler's Pink Patches', 'Kev's Heavenly Star' (which is seen in the background of the above photo), and 'Buckeye Cranberry Sparkler'. Still, I like 'B-Man's Etna' best!

Lately I've considered getting into growing some of the Petrocosmeas. Some of them are even fragrant! :clap:

I've been having more success with AVs lately. They're awfully pretty when they bloom well. This one is very nice.

:rollhappy: love the description, it would be a bit hard to describe, I'd have to say splashes but fantasy speckles has a ring to it! I'm partial to the variegated leaf varieties!

:rollhappy: love the description, it would be a bit hard to describe, I'd have to say splashes but fantasy speckles has a ring to it! I'm partial to the variegated leaf varieties!
The term "fantasy" is part of the accepted, official terminology used by the AVSA in plant characteristic descriptions and judging. :)
'Precious Pink' and 'Wrangler's Pink Patches' are two of my favorite variegated leaf varieties. 'Buckeye Cranberry Sparkler' has leaf variegation too. :clap:

That's gorgeous! African Violets were my first love, & I will always love them...

Latest posts

Back