Aerides magnifica

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The colour and colour saturation is incredibly nice! It may not be a magnifica though. May need some more opinions on it. There is a document here with one magnifica. Maybe can compare the shape of the 'hooked' portion of the flower with the one in the document, and your violet flower has frilly wing bits as can be seen (so can compare that too). http://www.vdof.de/pdf/magnifica.pdf

In any case, the flowers you have there are incredibly appealing. The colour is really great.

Last edited:
I can only join the excited chorus: nice and lovely coloured flowers. Do they have any scent?

Guldal - Aerides magnifica does have a nice scent. Quite pleasant.

I can include (for helping with ID purposes here) a pic of one of my orchids that has a magnifica tag. It is growing well in scoria in tropical conditions.

Google drive link

Last edited:
how large are the flowers? There are serration on the lip and side lobe which is absent in Aer. magnifica

Attachments

• 399px-Aerides_magnifica_Cootes_&_W.Suarez,_OrchideenJ._21_127_(2014)_(49208762273).jpg
    399px-Aerides_magnifica_Cootes_&_W.Suarez,_OrchideenJ._21_127_(2014)_(49208762273).jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Back