Aeranthes Hsinying Ramosa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrhappyrotter

Grand Chupacabra
Reaction score
Aeranthes Grandiose x ramosa

This plant is so cool! Aeranthes is a really interesting and unique Angreacoid alliance genus. This hybrid has proven to be exceptionally easy to grow and bloom. I keep it in a wooden basket with a bit of moss, bark, and perlite -- and I water frequently as it seems to love water a lot. It doesn't seem to need lots of light, though it definitely grows and blooms better now that I give it slightly brighter light than in years past. I also grow one of the ancestral species (A. grandiflora), and this hybrid is significantly larger.

The spikes are very long, pliable, and wire-thin. I've not grown anything else like this. It's a sequential flowering plant, so the spikes can produce flowers over long time frames.

My only disappointment with this plant is that the flowers are not fragrant at any time of day.

I will give it credit, it's pretty robust. It's blooming like crazy despite being in desperate need of repotting. I'm honestly quite impressed.

XQodmHWl.jpg

PGo7Kmol.jpg

DsKMaKLl.jpg

And yes, one of the flowers seems to have been pollinated this time around and the ovary is clearly starting to swell.

Back