Aerangis punctata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, the leaves and roots are pretty cool.

I have the same from Afri Orchids but no blooms. Any tips? I grew it warm-hot.
I'm not sure, I've had it only for 1 year. I think this is the second time blooming. I'm growing it at the cooler end of intermediate, moderate RH (65-80%), water it every other day in the summer, and twice a week in the winter, I haven't measured the light, but I think it is pretty close to the light. Update: I measured it, and it is about 120 micromol/m^2/s

Last edited:
Yes, the leaves and roots are pretty cool.

I'm not sure, I've had it only for 1 year. I think this is the second time blooming. I'm growing it at the cooler end of intermediate, moderate RH (65-80%), water it every other day in the summer, and twice a week in the winter, I haven't measured the light, but I think it is pretty close to the light.

Thanx for sharing your cultural conditions. I keep looking at mine thinking that it needs some water everyday... but it does have those roots that look like they'd want to dry out more... i got mine from Louisiana Orchid Connection. It's growing on a piece of drift wood with a tiny bit of gorilla hair.

Ok so I’m growing in too warm and too low light. That’s why lol. Thanks for tip!
haha I think you all might need that Alaskan summer daylength! Fantastic growing and blooming I've definitely killed mine from OC. Beautiful bloom, the plant looks so fragile. Glad to see others are growing Aerangis, such an amazing group. looking forward to future blooms. Thanks for sharing Naoki.

I've noticed you've bought a few orchids from Afri Orchids. They have several orchids I would love to have. Did you order by mail? And did you need a CITES?

Leslie & Rich, I've had it for only 1 year, so I'm not sure if my condition is good for it. I just measured the light, and it was at 120 micromol/m^2/s, 12h light.

Spiranthes, they come to the US 1-2 times a year. They come to Redland Orchid Show every year. They didn't come here this year due to Covid-19. You can be in their email list, and they will send you the price list before they come to the US. You can pre-order before the show, and they'll ship you from the US. So you don't need to have any import license, and you pay for domestic shipping. Same things with most international vendors.

I've noticed you've bought a few orchids from Afri Orchids. They have several orchids I would love to have. Did you order by mail? And did you need a CITES?

Redlands in may next year... :) pre-order and pickup in Miami, or they will ship within the states...

Back