Aerangis punctata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

aerangis_punctata3.jpg

aerangis_punctata4.jpg

I like this one very much. It's a first bloomer from Botanica LTD.

I would lose a plant that small!

(no, I can't find my pleuros....)

Good growing. Another amazing ang.

Thats an awesome little orchid. I'm going to have to keep my eye out now...

- Matt

We have more of these for sale :poke: (hint, hint). The plant in the picture is a selfing of our "big" old plant (nearly 4" across!) and it's the best blooming punctata I've ever seen. http://www.botanicaltd.com/images/s...ription pages/aerangis-punctata-'barbara'.htm They're one of those orchids that's beautiful even out of bloom---great spotted leaves, little raised spots all over the roots---cool looking! Every time they bloom, they get better!

-brenda

I haven't killed one yet. :)

I have one angraecoid out of 20 that isn't doing well, and it was a super tiny seedling when I bought it. The rest have started putting out new leaves, roots and spikes.

Neofinetia and Aerangis. If you don't have at least one of each, you are missing out!

I don't think they're particularly difficult to grow...we grow ours on cork plaques. Any orchid on a plaque requires more consistent attention than one in a pot since they dry out quicker. Good water quality (we use RO water) plus micronutrients are important with any orchids on plaques. I've seen photos of aerangis blooming in pots, but don't really feel this is the "preferred" method for growing them. They don't want much light and like intermediate to warm temperatures. The most special treatment they need is a bit of a rest (drier) after blooming. There's hardly a time during the year that there's not one species of aerangis in bloom for us...hmmm...kind of like slippers! They're wonderful plants. Aerangis is luteo alba var. rhodosticta, citrata and punctata are great "first" aerangis.

-brenda

Latest posts

Back