Aerangis kirkii

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

PeteM

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Just opened up a few days ago. I have not put my nose on it after dark, but it’s not fragrant during the daytime. I purchased this plant in May of 2020 from The Tarzan Group. From time to time they have some harder to source aerangis species offered.

enjoy.

5C6388CC-8064-4738-B594-6FF85D83FEB0.jpegFACF4AF5-63B2-492F-A10F-04817E0C82C5.jpeg

monocotman

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
There are so many exquisite aerangis species. If I had the conditions I would grow many of them. Lovely thing!

abax

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, what David said! I've tried and aerangis aren't happy in my gh. So sad, but lovely
to see your plant and flowers.

GuRu

experienced greenhorn
Reaction score
Lovely white stars and also the leaves are good looking. 👍

tomp

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Crystalline white stars with long spurs begging them moths to come hither. I LOVE them.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Beautiful! Radiant white stars.

PeteM

ST Supporter
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind complements. To follow up, I strolled into the grow room this AM before the lights turned on and was immediately overwhelmed with a somewhat stale and unpleasant wafting smell of a rest stop urinal. Those two flowers managed to fill the entire 22x24ft room. Fighting that reasonable voice in my head, I forced myself to kneel down low and stick my nose directly into the blooms. I was very surprised by the pleasant and sweet fragrance of the flowers up close. Definitely a strong sweet base reminiscent of jasmine and gardenia. Unexpected how different the fragrance can be far away from the source. And I am very happy to have avoided a direct shot of the other not so sweet smell.

DrLeslieEe

Addict and Aficionado of Fine Orchids
ST Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the kind complements. To follow up, I strolled into the grow room this AM before the lights turned on and was immediately overwhelmed with a somewhat stale and unpleasant wafting smell of a rest stop urinal. Those two flowers managed to fill the entire 22x24ft room. Fighting that reasonable voice in my head, I forced myself to kneel down low and stick my nose directly into the blooms. I was very surprised by the pleasant and sweet fragrance of the flowers up close. Definitely a strong sweet base reminiscent of jasmine and gardenia. Unexpected how different the fragrance can be far away from the source. And I am very happy to have avoided a direct shot of the other not so sweet smell.
Makes me think who the pollinator it was supposed to attract that night lol.

Latest posts