Aerangis Elro

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaborne

Reaction score
(ellisii x modesta)

Aerangis are becoming one of my favorite genera. I love the birds in flight look of this hybrid.

Very nice and good growing. Is it mounted? How do you care for it? Thanks.

I bought this one from Cal-Orchid and it is/came potted in a bark mix. I have it hanging in the greenhouse and have not repotted it since I bought it a couple years ago. However, since then, it has put out many aerial roots that hang freely. When the roots are even 6 inches or so they are still unbendable and were unable to get them in the pot. You can see a couple in the photo.

However, a tiny tidbit I have observed regarding Aerangis. They ALL love to be mounted, and most must be mounted(at least in my growing conditions.) I have over 80 Aerangis plants (31 different species,) many imported from Africa, and they do MUCH better mounted. If one is sulking in a pot, by mounting it I usually get root growth very shortly thereafter.
It was Aergs. ellisii that got me hooked on this genera and this hybrid looks very much like ellisii and is more vigorous.

Latest posts

Back