Advice in paph roth flask

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blooming 7-10 years after deflasking...the breeding is good..I have the flask ..all my seedlings survived so far ...it's been 6 months

I have this flask and it is growing well. As Ozpaph said it should be nice and dark.

make sure they send it to you with some cotton or styrofoam peanuts in the flask so they dont jostle around..although the medium wont fall apart in shipment , it can dislodge and put undue weight on the seedlings..causing breakage..I have learned this the hard way with these particular flasks

That's my flask. I sent pollen from two flowers of Pylo to Sam. He is able to make several crosses - most are roth. I got back a few flasks to sell. I only deflask two and they are growing very well.

I have suggested to my customers to stuff fiber in flasks so the leaves won't be damaged. This is true with phalaenopsis flask also. Unless you intend to replate Phalaenopsis flask again.

I used sam's method on one hybrid paph flasks and they are all growing very well. If I get a chance I will share photos.

I really don't need 1000 Roth seedlings with Pylo as a parent.

Tnx for the answers! bigleaf do you have a photo of Dark Force?