Advice for more growing space for Phrags (Lights, Shelves, Action)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would suggest two shelves rather than three. More racks, fewer shelves. I say that as somebody who has had several shelves per rack - it is a pain to have too little head space to work in. Spikes break, hard to water, hard to reach things. It is just harder.

I have a setup something like what you want. I used a Husky wire shelving unit from Home Depot. They make a variety of sizes. I have LEDs from Active Grow. They seem great to me, but I don't claim to be an expert. I put 1/8" hardboard on the shelves, and then attached some cabinet shelves and glides salvaged from remodeling our kitchen. That makes it easier to get at plants in the back of the shelves. When spikes get tall, there's not enough room and the plants come upstairs to an appropriate window.

I would suggest two shelves rather than three. More racks, fewer shelves. I say that as somebody who has had several shelves per rack - it is a pain to have too little head space to work in. Spikes break, hard to water, hard to reach things. It is just harder.

Those thoughts seem to be echoed in @littlefrog video tour he posted in the past few days... ...watching this thread intently for ideas to leverage in the available and apparently useful dark volumes in my greenhouse.

Latest posts

Back