Ad from the current issue of Orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PHRAG

Has anyone used this. It looks legit, but I am still not sure if I want to order.

aosking.jpg

I find it interesting that in the before after pics, the plant hasn't changed at all. Hmmmmm

I particularly enjoyed this statement:

"Our specially formulated miracle paste unlocks the power of ZEUS" (!!!!!)

ZEUS! OMG! Who could possibly resist with ZEUS in the mix!!????

One question. What does HERA bring to the mix? I'm all about HERA! and ARACHNE....ARACHNE's cool too. She involved here? Demeter? Persephone? Dude, they should be involved by default!

Please advise accordingly!

OMG I thought that was Will Farrell. And quite a miracle to turn a white phal into a pink with white spots.

ummm, what the hell is it?? i wouldnt buy just because of the selfpic.

bwester said:
ummm, what the hell is it?? i wouldnt buy just because of the selfpic.

I found an ingredients list online, and it appears to be a concentration of 80% extract from the parody bush.

If this is the entire ad, it looks like a spoof to me, but Phrag, you're mentioning looking up ingredients on the Web, so maybe there's more.

The before and after pix - yes, no change in the leaves or the lighting.

If it works 25% of the time, every time, what are your odds of getting an award within 6 months? What proof would the Will-like CEO need that you *hadn't* gotten an award?

What if you started w/ total junk? Does he still have to refund 40% of your money?

"Price re-billed monthly"? Are you signing up for $24.95 for the rest of your life? In 6 months, you would have invested $150 in product, plus shipping and handling, if you're re-billed monthly. You could buy a pretty nice plant for that & up your odds of winning an award.

Hmmm - matter of fact, the ad doesn't say they send you product every month, just that they re-bill you.

And what amount of product would you get every month, if you actually received it? How many show-bound plants do you need to use up that quantity, month after month?

The 25% & 40% are a bit weird for a genuine ad. Plus, what orchids get "fuller, rounder, and redder" in "just days"? Do orchids do ANYTHING in just days, if they're in decent cultural conditions? Come to think of it - Coryanthes flowers open and wilt... but short of that?

No URL? No online ordering? The 800# doesn't work, at least from Minnesota.

One option is to see where they're located and check the Better Business Bureau Website for that state - except that, "Super Happy Orchid" doesn't turn up anything on Google.

Mark me down as sceptical.

So, John... did you make this thing for some sort of class project? (I don't get Orchid Magazine anymore). Pretty funny, whatever the case may be :)

- Matt

Ok, since people are actually calling the phone number, I guess I should come clean. I made this up. I just wanted to lighten the mood of the board. That is Will Ferrell in the ad. It's a photo of him done a la K-Mart. There is no Super Happy Orchid Company LLC. I tried to make it over the top just enough that it would be easy to spot the parody. Did it work?

I can't believe you called the number. :rollhappy:

Back