Ackers - the one I went back for....

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

this was the other excuse to go back, I kept thinking about this one & darn I should have taken it! Chuck was good enough to put it to the side for me. This is Grande x Rosy Charm

I love the big fat pouch - it looks like it was crossed with a nepenthes & I love the intense spotting as well. I did have one of this cross at home but what if it didn't turn out like this guy? When I went back, there were 2 that were just starting to open, they didn't have the color or the spotting of this one.

I read in the August AOS magazine today that Orchids by the Ackers is for sale. The owners are retiring. It is listed in the Orchid Classified section under sales.

That would be the Orchid selling part. I would think that Chuck would still be breeding. Anyone else have any insight on this. Rose did Chuck say anything?
By the way the color on that one is outstanding. I am glad you went back and got it and can't wait for my Husband to pick up my plants from you this coming week.
Dawn

Chuck's sister & husband are the actual owners & yes they want to retire. He did say he wanted to be able to continue talks, presentations, etc. & was hoping to work something out with the new owners to keep his own space for doing his thing. Time will tell.

Thanks all! When you consider the parentage I think it has the best of both & isn't that what is hoped for! It's definitely different & I'm kinda anxious to see what the next time blooming will be like, as this was a decent size flower!

Latest posts

Back