Ackers - the final segment

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

another Twilight x caudatum - this one really looks like it will be dark red in comparison to the other. The stage this bud is at was quite interesting, wish I was a better photographer!

These 2 are Twilight x schlimii

Magdalene Rose x Barbara LeAnn almost open, what a rich, deep beautiful pink she was!

Cape Sunset, this one grew on me, I couldn't help but walk by & smile!

Rose, those pictures are beautiful! I don't know what I'd do to contain myself if I went to that greenhouse, I'd want to buy everything! I wanted to give you a little suggestion for when you take the pictures...If the camera won't focus on the flower but focuses on the background, just try putting your hand behind the flower and then press the shutter button down half way to focus on the flower, that should work for you...after it is focused you can take your hand away.

-Josh

Thanks Josh - that's worth a try! I remember going to an orchid show at a shopping mall this past winter & this one display was under a fan, so the flowers never stopped moving. Someone else at one time recommended changing the apeture setting (to the lowest number I could), which I did when I went back the second time. Well the foliage of the plants are clear & sharp, didn't do much for the flowers! I figure in this case something is better than nothing! In most cases what I took pics of what was either crosses I had or were similar to what I have. It will just be a matter of time for mine to bloom & then I'll get much better shots!

Yay besseae hybrids! Thanks for posting, someof those are unnamed so that is the first time bloom pics have been posted. If they have a big sale-off let us know.

Thanks Rose. They look good to me. I only wanted to see what the blooms will look like.

Thanks for sharing your photos goldenrose! You might check your camera to see if it has a macro mode. In this mode the camera will focus on the close up object rather than the background. This mode is usually indicated by a small tulip or other flower.

e-spice

Hep I have a macro mode, in fact it's always in macro! I've also tried the screw on closeup lenses but I don't think they make much difference. I can crop & keep more clarity if I have the clarity to begin with!

Do you depress the shutter button half way and confirm the camera is focused before depressing fully? Most cameras have this ability. When half depressing the button, the camera will attempt to focus and give some sort of confirmation (beep, green light, or something). After that, full press the button to take the photo.

e-spice

I'm digging the Twilight x caudatum! Nice looking color there. We don't have a lot of burgundy Phrags. I wonder what a kovachii x caudatum is going to look like but prefer the longer petal length. Maybe a nice deep popowii x kovachii would be more my style.

I hope that once we start getting award quality kov. hybrids on the market - with photos - that I am ready to get back into Phrags.

Latest posts

Back