Aachen (Germany) Orchid show 2011

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeanLux

Reaction score
I had a trip to Aachen yesterday as a regular visitor of the Aachen Orchid Show, and to buy tons of 'Printen' (a cookies specialty of the Town).

En résumé there were lots of class plants, with a majority of paphs (Imo), and a very large vendors section (unfortunately Fr. Glanz was not there any more :eek:)

Jean
Here some impressions:

A new cross with a sympethatic name 'Euregio Maas-Rhein' for European region of the rivers Maas (in Belgium-Netherlands) and Rhein (coming from Switzerland, here esp. Germany-Netherlands)

Lots of slippers:

gratrixianum:

a nice callosum:

a Vinicolor:

A most impressive part, note the lowii on the left and the tranlienianum alboviride clump to the right side (unfort. the close-up is blurry):

close-up of lowii:

a Very large esquirolei:

a nice group of dayanum:

bundtii:

urbanianum:

bullenianum:

more to come!

Thank you Jean!
I couldn't make it there so please continue showing these nice pics! :clap:

conco-bellatulum x micranthum:

a large of complexes shown and to buy:

venustum:

Paph C. Adenauer:

Phrag Schroederae:

and some non-slipper specimen:

Sarcoglottis acaulis:

this picture does not show all the beauty of this Angrasecum eburneum group:

a lovely var. of Laelia anceps: oaxacana

A most impressive plant of S. coccinea:

And as a last one: a pretty Laelia pumila:

Voila! I hope you liked :) !!! Jean

Nice! the bundtii= bullenianum and the bullenianum= controversal ceveranum IMHO.

Really nice clump of venutsum!

Nice pictures Jean, I thought about going to the show but because of work and I allready have two days off planned next week I decided to stay at home. However my parents and my brother went there yesterday and they picked up a nice plant for me which I'll post pictures of as soon as it blooms.

Only thing I'm going to reveal right now is that it has two buds. :D

Dear Jean,
the plant shown under the name of the never described x bundtii is a celebesense and very different to the plants shown at first as x bundtii.

Best greetings

Olaf

Thanks all for your comments; the Effort was done by the Aachener Orchideen-Freunde club :):)!

Thanks Olaf for your comment about bundtii!! Here a pic of a bloom that the same nursery showed as celebensis!!! Jean

Latest posts

Back