a story to tell remember me?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nyorchids

hello old and new friends, my name is stan and love orchids! i once had a great collection and new many of you people on a personal level. i kinda dissapeared over a year ago and here to tell the story or excuse if you will. i sold all my orchids because my son was close to being born and i had way to many hobbies! flowers were to go and i was going to keep my frogs. when my son was born i stayed at home with him. my wife blindsided me with a divorce in july and left me with bills and a house. i decided to start over and i moved with my uncle in richmond virginia. i have been here for 3 months. i have once again found myself wanting orchids and since have sold all the frogs but i still fish alot:D i want to say hi to a few people: heather,lien,TADD,marcus,wendy,garland,eric and there is many more i am forgetting and i am sorry. TADD i will get with you on some plants i owe you, i will make it right. i have very few paphs and will be adding as much as i can. i will be attending the paph forum in dc this year. i sold alot of good plants that i will never get back and that makes me sad. please let me know what has been going on with you people as well as the hobby i have been out for over a year! heather i still hate multiflorals! i stil work in department of corrections and flowers keep me sane!! i look forward to hearing from anyone
stan
here is a pic of my last grow room
allplants2.jpg

Hello Stan,
Firstly welcome back...!!!!! I am kind of new to the forum!!!! I am really sorry for the situations you went through but I believe that what does not kill us, makes us stronger!!!!!! Fate tricks us with many games and tripovers...:evil:, but the trick from our part is to stand up and keep walking...:D!!!!!! I believe and hope that you will find your path again one way or another...

As far as your (and our) hobby is concerned (please) do not rush and search carefully... "First things first"... You will find yourself with lots of plants without reallising it and you will simutaneouslly have enjoyed it more and for long...

It is great to have you back...! I wish you all the best and have a great beggining... Happy new year, too... Take care...

Cordially, Thanasis...:):):)

Hey! I saw you online a while ago and wondered if we'd hear some news!
Jim Marlow (who's a member here now) asked me about you a few months ago at the Mass. Show.
Sorry you've had a rough patch, but sometimes a fresh start is what we all need most. A few of us have been there this year. Glad to see you back here and I hope you stick around!

jim is an awsome person! i miss hanging out in his greenhouse! i will be sticking around and trying to play catch up. nice to hear from you heather.

I think I remember your grow-room photo -- didn't you convert a closet to make it?

Welcome back -- I hope your rough times are over.

dot it was my closet at one time. heather why did you sell all your plants?? you had quite the multi-floral collection!! what has been going on with you?

Hi Stan!!!!

Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your troubles. I think Gilda's right and both the forum and the orchids will be a great comfort. Can't wait to see the new plants you will be getting!!!!

Latest posts

Back