1. Good day. If you cannot log in please use the CONTACT US at the bottom of the page to get help. If you are logged in and do not want the ads, please click on the Little Person icon to get user control panel. At the bottom of Preferences is the opt out area used to turn them off. Remember to save changes. More information in the Talk Back! Forum.
    Dismiss Notice

A setup with 3 Paphiopedilums planted onto tufa limestone

Discussion in 'For Sale/Trade' started by Karsty, Mar 14, 2019.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Mar 14, 2019 #1

Karsty

Karsty

Karsty

Hi Folks,

This is the second "installation" I am selling. There are 3 Paphiopedilums, unnamed hybrids, the one on the right and the one on the left have a main colour of burgundy, and the one in the centre's main colour is yellow.

They have grown amazingly well in this setup, producing copious new roots. I think they may not have had enough light, hence the somewhat pale and etiolated look especially to the left one. I have increased the light, nitrogen, and sulphur as any of these lacking could cause these symptoms. I believe they are getting enough calcium, magnesium, iron, and manganese.

At the back is also an Asplenium antiquum and a clump of Microsorum diversifolium.

It is all planted onto a large steel baking tray! 37.6cm x 54.5cm

The value of that volume of tufa alone, if you compare to prices from The English Tufa Company, is getting on for £100. In view of the fact that the Paphs are unnamed hybrids, and I don't have photos of them in flower either, I am willing to let this whole setup go for £55.

This is only for sale until 4th April 2019

Location - Watford, Herts.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These photos can also be viewed in this album - https://photos.app.goo.gl/H5RQhgufAa6pUYVa8