a reliable bloomer .. here: concolor var. striata

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simply gorgeous...very harmonious overall impression!

Would be interesting to compare, if you have photos from previous flowerings, when the striatum trait wasn't so outspoken?!

Kind regards,
Jens

4AFA3AE2-9663-4812-8769-41184F2BAA81.jpeg Very nice flower... I just took one to judging only to find out var. striatum is not and accepted variety. See photo.

... I just took one to judging only to find out var. striatum is not and accepted variety. See photo.

Your flower looks a bit like an intermediary between the typical form and var. longipetalum....in a way that Jean's doesn't. The 'striatum' trait in his flower is rather more outspoken...and maybe he would be home scot-free with: P. concolor var. or fma. striatum (Hort.)? ;)

Simply gorgeous...very harmonious overall impression!

Would be interesting to compare, if you have photos from previous flowerings, when the striatum trait wasn't so outspoken?!

Kind regards,
Jens

Jens, here the flower in 2015

flowers in 2017:

Repotted in 2018 after flowering (no pics), this year's bloom/bud is on the strongest division.

Jean

here the flower in 2015....flowers in 2017:
Repotted in 2018 after flowering (no pics), this year's bloom/bud is on the strongest division

Thank you for the pics, Jean... interesting to see the various flowerings! I like it a lot... in all its incarnations!

How/ from whence did you get hold of it?

K.r. Jens

Thank you for the pics, Jean... interesting to see the various flowerings! I like it a lot... in all its incarnations!

How/ from whence did you get hold of it?

K.r. Jens

Jens

Dresden 2014, Popow, 30 Euro .. :), so from today, ok-price for the now 2 div. plant .. !

Jean

Back