A pair of first bloom species

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Below is one of my niveums that just bloomed. This is a plant that I imported from Taiwan last year. In-Charm also had this exact cross for sale at the WOC. I hope that some of you guys or gals picked up a couple. This cross along with one of Deans cross's (Paphiness Orchids) are the best that I've been able to bloom. The cross is 'In-Charm' BM/TPS x 'Nae Shan' SM/TPS'.

792Square-Paphniveum.jpg

Next is my favorite of all paphs. This is one I picked up from Parkside Orchids. It is armeniacum x armeniacum 'Su'. This along with roth. are my favorite species. In-Charm also had a great cross of armeniacum for sale at the WOC. It was armeniacum 'Chao Chou' x self. I had to be very greedy on that cross. On the last day In-Charm offered me the box of them that were left (8 plants) for a price that was to good to pass up.

840Papharmeniacum.jpg

Very nice. THe niveum is blisteringly white!
But species!!??! Really! I need a large 5+growth specimen of each before I get serious w/ these. So Bob, pot up about 5 of 'em together and I'll take it!

They are both nice. I got 3 niveums from Dean on his last special but they didn't come with any clonal names. I'll have to be surprised!

Very nice I like then both. I was at the WOC and got a real nice two growth plant of DOLLGOLDI from In-Charm, I think it will look great. Jim.

Jim, I don't mean to brag, but in a way I guess I am. Do you remember the Dollgoldi plant that In-Charm had on display? A friend of mine say that one in bloom and showed it to me via the Internet. Then I bought it and In-Charm brought it in for me. Then they asked if they could use it as the example plant. I expect that most of the rest will also bloom out nicely.

Goldenrose: I have all three crosses of the niveum that Dean has listed on his web site. The only one I've bloomed is the niveum 'Thai select 1' x 'Thai select 2'. I've only bloomed out one of those but the flower was of very good quality.

OH. I remember, and I hope it looks close to that good, thanks for the info Bob. Jim.

Jim, I don't mean to brag, but in a way I guess I am. Do you remember the Dollgoldi plant that In-Charm had on display? A friend of mine say that one in bloom and showed it to me via the Internet. Then I bought it and In-Charm brought it in for me. Then they asked if they could use it as the example plant. I expect that most of the rest will also bloom out nicely.

I hope so too since you twisted my arm and enabled me to buy one also! :poke:

WOW!!!!

Both are magnificent!!!!

That Niveum is something else! I'm very jealous. I purchased a flask of niveum... so it goes without saying that I have a long wait to enjoy it! ;)

Back