A new roth

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron-NY

Reaction score
This was gifted to me by an internet buddie. She asked me if I would be interrested in a roth seedling. How could I pass. SEEDLING...it has over a 12" leafspan! I don't know anything about these parents. Does anyone have any info on them? It is 'Motohiro' BM/JOGA x 'Macrura Nioa' I assume this came from Japan. The tag indicates it was originall purchased from Cal Orchids.

Eric, cant find a description but if you refer to this website ( Japanese ) it has a pic of a seedling of your cross ( plus others ) you might find something to help.
www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~PAPHIO-IN-OKINAWA/Listpart4.htm

The cross on the Japanese website is Motohiro x Macrura Hirako, so it is not the same as yours I think.

I have a div of roth Macrura (nothing else, just Macrura), and I have seen some years ago pics of several from the Macrura "family" of roths. As far as I know they are wild-collected plants, and all with very, very good quality flowers, so you are lucky...

That is nice! I have one crossed to Macura Nino. This was known as a jungle collected plant with very wide segments.

Ramon:)

Back