A New Phrag. Grex gets awarded

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This image that I am including is Rob Halgren’s plant. It is a real beauty!! It is Phragmipedium Lucky Girl. The parents are Phragmipedium Twilight x Phragmipedium Acker’s Ballerina.
Flower had a natural spread of 11.9 cm. x 6.8 cm. so it is a pretty good sized flower. Background color is ivory, overlaid by cerise red. The red was very dense on the front center of the pouch and it’s’ rim. Overall form of the flower was pretty good with only very slight twisting. Petals are well held. Flowers sat on top of a 32.0 cm. inflorescence.
This received an 81 point AM!!
Congratulations Rob!!332F262A-E9CC-4CFD-9E55-9CAE617AF72E.jpeg

Last edited:
To be totally honest, my cell phone image is a poor effort to attempt to show the quality of the flower. It was much better in person!
Rob showed me an image of another plant of that cross that he bloomed but could not get it to judging!!! That clone may be an FCC!! It was gorgeous.

I have this lovely in bud at the moment and it's a winner. I think I got mine from you Rob. Thank you. It was
gorgeous last year and I'm quite impatient for that bud to develop further and open that beautiful face.

Ray, I find your Lucky Girl photo intriguing. Mine has better form, but your flowers have a much deeper,
redder color. If I remember correctly, mine was a really nice salmon pink. I'd love to see more of the
Lucky Girl blooms for comparison if others here have the plant.

Latest posts

Back