A Neofinetia falcata Zen Moment

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lanmark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
This was sold to me as Neofinetia falcata variety Kikuotome. I'm not so certain that this is actually Kikuotome, but whatever it is, it sure does smell nice. The colors are especially awesome this year. :)

July282010009_1024x768.jpg

July282010002_1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
Thanx for sharing. Does it match the description of Kikuotome?
What description? :poke: :p "Yellow flowers" is pretty much the only description I've ever gotten for Kikuotome. I'd say, based upon the few photos of Kikuotome I've ever seen, my plant's form and the form of its flowers look very much like Kikuotome. The flowers on my plant, however, seem to be much warmer in tone and have blushes of red as well.

Looks like one of those hybrids made with a pink and yellow neo.
This is what I am thinking too. :wink:

Very pretty deep colors on this baby! I wonder how these are produced since I've seen a wide range of colors out this form. Perhaps they are all seedlings and nice clones are divided for propagation. To my eye at least, there is a lot of red in this flower, hence it is more an apricot than real yellow. Dot, pull out those colors wheels again please!

Very pretty deep colors on this baby! I wonder how these are produced since I've seen a wide range of colors out this form. Perhaps they are all seedlings and nice clones are divided for propagation. To my eye at least, there is a lot of red in this flower, hence it is more an apricot than real yellow. Dot, pull out those colors wheels again please!

I'd have to agree. This color is more apricot than yellow :) and I couldn't be any happier about it. It is rich and gorgeous, and this particular plant is one of my absolute favorites! I have no doubts, either, that this one has something else in its background aside from the pure species. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back