A little too eager to leave home

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

FlowerFaerie

I found this youngster in my garden yesterday. I put him back in the hedge & hope he made his way home again safely.

Attachments

• P1030418copysmall.jpg
    P1030418copysmall.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 95
I suspect it's a robin, but so young the markings aren't apparent yet. It wasn't at all scared, which is characteristic of robins. They are very brave little birds.

when up north I think last spring I found a robin's nest underneath the box of a rail car with a few young in it. when I poked my head underneath to look at them and take pictures, they just looked at me a little and then went back to sleep :) . of course it was a bit warm and i'm not too fearsome... but they weren't too bothered by my being there

Do you mean European robin or American robin? It does not look like an American robin to me as it is way too small! Cute little thing though.

(another time it would be helpful if people would note their location on the upper right corner)

Last edited:
I put him back in the hedge & hope he made his way home again safely.

He's all grown up now, and amazingly friendly (I suspect it's the same one, but I will never be 100% sure). Shortly before Xmas he started following me indoors in the mornings, and now comes in most days to ask for his breakfast. So much courage definitely deserves a reward!
Today he brought a girlfriend with him. :)
Here he is on top of my freezer, & waiting to be fed...

Attachments

• Robin small  c..jpg
    Robin small c..jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 33
  • P1050672 c.  copy.jpg
    P1050672 c. copy.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 31
^ You've made me smile with this post. :) I really needed it. Thank you! :)

Such cute little things!!! I miss my budgies, and would definitely like to get more.

Latest posts

Back