a guessing game

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I'd self/sib it. Just to bring out the pk-sized better-than-St.Ouen-shaped flower with a colour that is just on the edge to kitsch which I don't expect to turn up in the first generation. F2 will do.

Cheers, Carsten

Breed it? The poor thing has not even opened yet! What ever happened to let it save it strength and grow? I bet all you guys have puppy mills in your basements too. :rollhappy:

That said I would use it with something that has short spikes of round multiple sequential flowers on a compact plant. Don't worry about flower size and color that will come later.

gonewild said:
Breed it? The poor thing has not even opened yet! What ever happened to let it save it strength and grow? I bet all you guys have puppy mills in your basements too. :rollhappy:

I was assuming they would use it for pollen, not pod.

Using the pollen was my thought.

With some much genetics from the microsepelum (sp?) group, the time to carry a capsule would be pretty short, 100 days or so. So I would suspect it wouldn't stress the plant to death the have it carry one capsule...

Crossing it back to Kovackii would be good too. Flowers would look more like kovachii and the seedlings could have some hybrid vigor.

What will the name be? Wossner St. Kov ?

Kyle said:
Using the pollen was my thought.

You guys are so conscientious.;)

With some much genetics from the microsepelum (sp?) group, the time to carry a capsule would be pretty short, 100 days or so. So I would suspect it wouldn't stress the plant to death the have it carry one capsule...

Just a small puppy mill. :confused:

Crossing it back to Kovackii would be good too. Flowers would look more like kovachii and the seedlings could have some hybrid vigor.

Don't you read the forum? How is Glen supposed to back cross it to kovachii? What are you doing trying to trap him? :poke:

What will the name be? Wossner St. Kov ?

It should be 'Pip Pip Hurray'

gonewild said:
Just a small puppy mill. :confused:

Everybody likes puppies...:poke:

gonewild said:
Don't you read the forum? How is Glen supposed to back cross it to kovachii? What are you doing trying to trap him? :poke:

Of course not. Just day dreaming.

Kyle

On a second guess, I think that flower with the far-too-large floppy petals and the small crumbled pouch will not be worth breeding with, because that dull brown colour that comes in streaks and patches on the off-white background is really unattractive :poke:

I hope not.

Carsten

If any of you subscribe to Orchid Guide Digest, there is a picture posted there since this afternoon. I like it.

I saw it at OGD, and that one's gorgeous! It is one of the most beautiful Phrags I've ever seen. Very much exceeds my expectations, at least.

Cheers, Carsten

Latest posts

Back