• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

A good home

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

consettbay2003

Reaction score
I have a number of complex paphs that need a good home. They are all top quality clones. Message me if you live in Canada (preferably Eastern Canada) and we can discuss the details.

Bump!
What is wrong with the Canadians? Free plants, people!

Bump!
What is wrong with the Canadians? Free plants, people!

you are assuming the plants are free.
He only said the plants need good home, and they are quality clones
Perhaps peoples afraid to ask whether it is free or not... because the phrase "discuss the details"

I wondered about that and decided that they were not being offered for free. It doesn't say free. Even if no money changes hands, stipulating a "good home" implies the new owner must not sell, give away or otherwise dispose of the plants. So, if there are rules that continue to apply and which the new "owner" must agree to follow, they're not really free.

John and Hien, I get what you're saying, and I "felt" the same too when I read it, but take a look at his other photo thread... he said(@his plants) "I am willing to let them go gratis to a good home and willing to pay for shipping". There might be other conditions but based on what he said on the other thread, they are free. Take a look at the list of plants too, fantastic!..........
@John M: perhaps it is too good to be true but it won't hurt to ask for more details since you are in Canada. If it is not really free, he should not mislead people by saying "let them go gratis".

Note: I can't link that thread.

oh my god, I did not see these posts before.
I just take a quick look at the old posts followed your suggestion,
in that case
They are all top notch plants, real awarded clones ,
the plants must mean a lot to him, and must cost a lot for him to acquired originally.
We all know that as collectors ourselves how we treasure our collection, and maybe whatever situation he is in right now does not give him time to care for them properly and he just wants to see that "his children" are placed with extremely good and qualified growers.
I understand, you would not give them to someone who would over water them the next day :)

John and Hien, I get what you're saying, and I "felt" the same too when I read it, but take a look at his other photo thread... he said(@his plants) "I am willing to let them go gratis to a good home and willing to pay for shipping". There might be other conditions but based on what he said on the other thread, they are free. Take a look at the list of plants too, fantastic!..........
@John M: perhaps it is too good to be true but it won't hurt to ask for more details since you are in Canada. If it is not really free, he should not mislead people by saying "let them go gratis".

Note: I can't link that thread.

Last edited:
If John is getting the collection, he owes me.:poke:J/K

I spent considerable time going over my postings and zeroed in on members who appreciated the photos that I posted.

I spent considerable time going over my postings and zeroed in on members who appreciated the photos that I posted.

So whoever gave you the most oohs and aah in the past will get your collection? That is an interesting definition of "good home".

PS, I am not in line for anything here....I've just found the whole thing is quite unusual.

It turned out to be a good way to start the process. I am very comfortable with my decision. BTW who doesn't appreciate oohs and aahs? LOL

I was wondering if you are still looking for a home for your top tier complex paph. clones? I would be honored to take care of them and willing to pay your price for them as well. I'm especially interested in the Tokyo Knight Dream and the Mystic Knight. My goal is to start an orchid business in the US North East in a couple of years and having these crosses for my breeding program would be like a dream come true.

Latest posts

Back