A glimpse of my greenhouse

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I(Much better than the previous tenants, dont ever consider letting your kids tarantulas loose in your growing area! They grow huge and become territorial, and once entrenched are damn difficult to catch and remove)
:eek:

I would never have guessed there was a greenhouse from the bottom photo.
Thanks for sharing. :)

I cannot contain my jealousy!! :p

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Got to love the B. rothschildianum and the bird. So jealous! And I agree with Ozpaph, the chemical fumes wouldn't be good for your birds or plants. You could turn it into a nice fish pond though! :D I would...

The pool gets very low doses of chlorine powder, as the water is run through a High Dose UV unit which kills the algae and potential bacteria in the pool water. So I doubt that there are too many chemical and fumes. But good point, I will have to investigate that problem more fully. I just dont have anywhere else to extend my greenhouse to.:(

WOW!!!! Can I move in???? Roflmao! Fantastic,beautiful, stunning I could go on and on.

Cheryl

Dont think they give cultural awards for growing in a dustbin, big plant, but not so well grown I am afraid:eek:

They probably would, if it is quite big..... Some people have had plants awarded with a cultural certificate when it was grown in something worse than a dustbin .... It just shows how big the plant really is:clap:

lovely place...

That's funny you have a tarantula in your greenhouse. The African tarantulas are not to be messed with.

By contrast the new world tarantulas are extremely docile and make great pets.

I had a Pink Toe for over 10 years that was the most peaceful, gentle creature you could ever imagine. It loved the humidity of the orchid room.

I saw an African King Baboon tarantula in person once that was extremely agressive, when provoked it actually jumped out of the tank
to attack us! (lesson learned, never provoke an African King Baboon tarantula)

How on earth did I miss the updates? ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! :drool::drool::drool:

How do you manage all those plants?!! I'd get lost in there...happily lost.
The wood doors are beautiful. What kind of wood? In passing, I have a
friend in CA who built his greenhouse around a hot tub which basically uses
the same chemicals as our pool and his Cyms. are spectacular. I can't imagine any specific problems with extending the greenhouse around the
pool. I think it would be wonderful.

Latest posts

Back