A few Summer Blooms

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carper

Reaction score
A few in bloom but no shows until September. Will they last!! The David Ott had 2 spikes & 6 flowers last time and only just missed out on a RHS award. Now 3 spikes and 11 flowers and a massive plant with over 14 growths. The Lady Isabel “In Charm” has come out better than I expected and the dorsal looks huge and quite flat. Awardable??. Plenty of potential in the "Hung Sheng Eagle". Very pleased with the outcome of all.

Gary
UK

Paph David Ott

DSCF4182 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

DSCF4184 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

DSCF4185 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

Paph Lady Isabel "In Charm"

DSCF4177 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

DSCF4181 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

DSCF4178 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

DSCF4180 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

Paph "Hung Sheng Eagle"

DSCF4187 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

DSCF4188 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

DSCF4189 by Gary Dobbs, on Flickr

All are stunning, you have an eye for good quality hybrids. The P. Lady Isabell is superb

All nice. Why wait for shows? Doesn't the RHS have monthly judging at centers like the AOS?
They do Eric, but sometimes these are at shows and most are at the HQ I think which is a fair way from me and while I am work. The shows are a good way to show your plants to the public and they get jugded and awarded accordingly. If they are deemed good enough then yes you can put the plant forward for further consideration. The David Ott will be taken by a friend for an assessment by the RHS committee next week I think.

Gary

All are very nice! The David Ott is impressively grown and a real specimen plant. The flowers of the Lady Isabel are eye catcher at least in my eyes.

Latest posts

Back