A few recent bloomers, catasetinae

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdamD

Catasetinae Crazed
Reaction score
It’s been awhile, many spikes on the way, figured I’d share these.

Fdk. Frank Smith ‘SVO’ FCC/AOS x Ctsm John C. Burchett ‘Ursa Major’ FCC/AOS. These flowers have over a 3” natural spread! A future winner for sure. The plant itself is huge.

Mormodes revoluta, a second cultivar from Peru. Small plant, heavenly scent

Clowesetum (Clo. JEM's Dragon Tears 'SVO' x Ctsm. Orchidglade 'Davie Ranches' AM/AOS). Second blooming, 20 flowers. I saw Neil post a pic of this cross last year and had to get one. I hope the cupping irons itself out

Cycnoches Pineapple Popcorn female flowers. Fingers crossed, this one is holding a seed pod with the Fdk pollen!! Holding strong for a month now

That looks almost identical as mine, although mine had much fewer flower count. The flowers on mine were all cupped. I figured that's how they are given the parentage?

Anyways, I gave my plant away last year.
I want to keep buying different stuff from SVO and have fun blooming them out. :)

Lovely Mormodes you got there!

Yes, I’m starting to think the cupped presentation is inherent in the cross unfortunately. It may breed out down the line. Otherwise the segments and colors are great, not to mention scent!

Latest posts

Back