A few photos of my paphs in s/h

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Candace

Reaction score
Here's several photos of my paph areas in my greenhouse. All are growing in s/h. Any blooming ones are usually brought in the house to enjoy so not much to look at except the plants...

papharea.jpg

papharea2.jpg

papharea3.jpg

papharea4.jpg

papharea5.jpg

WHAT! And here I've been like a dummy growing them in some unnatural condition :poke: like bark all this time. Someone told me Parvis hate s/h.

For some reason I enjoyed those photos as much, if not more than one's with blooms. I just like greenery I guess.

Someone told me Parvis hate s/h.
Shh. Don't let my parvis hear you:> Probably 1/3 of my paphs are parvis.
Do I see different SH medium ? Do you prefer one medium over the other...algae bother you ? How long have you been a SH dominatrix ?
I've got a several different types of leca and have been growing in s/h for probably going on 3 years now. I use the old prime agra, hydroton and aliflor. The hydroton and aliflor are available here locally so I have most of my other orchids in those. I have potted some of my paphs in aliflor or hydroton if I'm out of primeagra. I prefer the prime agra for my paphs, and luckily have enough to sterilze and reuse for right now. I haven't tried the new prime agra.

I do occasionally have the s/h holes plug up with algae, but usually it's on my higher light plants. There is algae in some/many of my s/h pots, but it doesn't bother me. During the summer I may use a little physan to lighten it up a bit so I can see the roots better.

Latest posts

Back