A Few Parvi Hybrids in Bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
This is vietnamense x bellatulum. It blooms about every year. This is its third blooming since 2016.
No signs of speeding up since I do not see any new growth emerging. Always a few months after the flower fades. Second blooming was a disaster. Believe it or not, but this is about as good as the first bloom.

vXEBxAjl.jpg

Ma Belle
This is the first time it flowers with two spikes. Yay!!
zX5IavMl.jpg

Mem.Hirohisa Hawaii x micranthum
This is the same plant that was in bloom back in June.
It is really picking up a speed now and will soon be a nice little clump.
It actually is a little clump. I love this plant!
9zRDnLRl.jpg

A bunch of parvis in various stages of sheath/bud. Photo taken on Aug 18.
That Fanaticum with a nice fat bud opened its bud one month later. Such a swift development!
nEm9IA5l.jpg

Fresh open on Sept 17. It opened further and the color lightened up over time. The bud dropped yesterday.
Faintly scented with raspberry jam scent. cant' wait for my next Fanaticum to open up.
yoUkqYxl.jpg

A Magic Lantern seedling finally in bud. This one is from flask from Windy Hill Gardens many years ago.
It took longer than I like, but here it is.
0Q2EYpvl.jpg

My most exciting news at the moment is this Delrosi made with delenatii dunkel.
I already bloomed a very nice Delrosi in 2017.
This plant is one of the three I bought several years ago.
The first photo was taken on Sept 17. The second photo was taken last sunday.
Parvi x multi are the fastest grower when it comes to the spike development. Once you see it, it takes about one month to open bloom. I'm glad this one has three buds.
The very first flower is actually open as of today. No deformity and very nice in shape and quality.
Stay tuned! ;)

nj7hDEkl.jpg

M5GVDn3l.jpg

Quite a 'few" - beautifull and well grown! That fanaticum...what's there not to like about it? Great form, nice colouration, that staminodal shield...yummie! Whence did you get it?

And, actually, the vietnamense x bellatulum has its charm - the bright yellow dot lightening up amidst those very red freckles!

Kind regards, Jens

Quite a 'few" - beautifull and well grown! That fanaticum...what's there not to like about it? Great form, nice colouration, that staminodal shield...yummie! Whence did you get it?

And, actually, the vietnamense x bellatulum has its charm - the bright yellow dot lightening up amidst those very red freckles!

Kind regards, Jens

That Fanaticum is actually on its second spike.
It spiked for the first time in 2017, but the bud sat low for many months and eventually just dried up and died.
I got it as a medium sized seedling from a Canadian Vendor in 2014, who imported a flask from Hung Sheng in Taiwan.
The dates on the tag indicates that this plant is quite a few years old.
And I have another Fanaticum in bud which was bought as a small seedling in 2016. Talk about the difference in growing rate! haha
I do like how it turned out! plus, I have blasted at least three or so Fanaticum over the years, so first flower for me is all the more exciting! I wish I had a bunch of Fanaticum in bloom. :)

All of them are nice! I particularly like the first flower.

Holy cow, what a great display of lovely flowers and well grown plants too. The x Fanaticum is great but I won't highlight this too much....because the others a great too.

Back